Johansen Individualised Auditory Stimulation Provider Training Course
The Johansen Individualised Auditory Stimulation (JIAS) Training course comprises of 11 modules:
- 9 modules are completed independently
- A one day Live Zoom training; Followed by two further independent modules with assignments
Once all 11 modules are completed, each participant will be invited to a 1 hour 1:1 session via Zoom.
This course will cover:
- Background theory and underpinning research
- Laterality and Auditory Laterality
- Pure tone listening audiometry as a diagnostic tool.
- Further diagnostic assessments
- Development of Johansen IAS and the Music used
- Planning and implementing individual programmes
Cathy Shilling MRCSLT, ASLTIP
Cathy is a Specialist Speech and Language Therapists with extensive experience of Auditory Stimulation programmes & working in educational settings.
New Provider Training Zoom Dates:
Note – the first 9 modules need to be completed before attending the online sessions
- Saturday 10th September 2022
- Saturday 12th November 2022
- Saturday 4th March 2023
- Thursday 9th November 2023
Total Cost – £395
(£375 if paid one month before the course date)
Johansen IAS is the only auditory stimulation programme which uses music recordings customised to the individual’s own hearing curve to organise and enhance auditory processing skills.
Children and adults with dyslexia, dyspraxia, ADHD, speech and language difficulties and autistic spectrum disorders may have inefficient auditory processing. The effectiveness of teaching and therapy can be greatly increased if these skills are improved.
Johansen Individualised Auditory Stimulation Update and Case Discussion Day
Update and Case Discussion Dates:
- Zoom sessions:
Wednesday 23rd November 2022 – 1pm – 5pm
Saturday 25th February 2023 – 11:30am – 3:30pm
OR IF ENOUGH UPTAKE
- In Person – Cheltenham / further details TBC:
Saturday 26th November 2022 – 11:30am – 3:30pm
Total Cost – £45
(£40 if registered and paid one month before start date)
The update days are for Johansen IAS providers to meet (either via Zoom or in person) to discuss any news / updates and is also an opportunity for discussions regarding experiences and looking at Case Studies.
The day is planned as an opportunity for providers to share their own experiences and to learn from one another.
A meeting with the International Johansen IAS Group is due to take place in May 2023 and will be discussing these Update Days, the duration and cost of future sessions.
A provisional date of Friday 29th September 2023 is scheduled but timings, cost and location are TBC. If you would be interested in attending this date, please email your details and will be contacted nearer the time to request payment and confirm details.
AUDITORY PROCESSING COURSES
Working with Listening and Auditory Processing Difficulties
This course will be 4 half day Zoom sessions and is for professionals working with children who have listening and concentration difficulties.
It would be of value to teachers, educational professionals, speech and language therapists and other educational health professions who would like to extend their knowledge and understanding of:
- Current UK developments in assessing and managing Auditory Processing Disorders
- Assessments which can be used to identify different profiles of difficulty
- Interpreting standardised assessment results
- Using and scoring assessments and results discussion
- Planning intervention and management in the light of individual profiles
Working with Listening and Auditory Processing Difficulties Dates:
- Group 1 sessions – 1pm – 4:30pm:
Monday 6th March 2023
Tuesday 7th March 2023
Monday 20th March 2023
Tuesday 21st March 2023
- Group 2 sessions – 9:30am – 1pm:
Wednesday 4th October 2023
Thursday 5th October 2023
Wednesday 18th October 2023
Thursday 19th October 2023
Total Cost – £250
(£225 if registered and paid one month before start date)