Johansen Individualised Auditory Stimulation Provider Training Course
The Johansen Individualised Auditory Stimulation (JIAS) Training course comprises of 11 modules:
- 9 modules are completed independently
- A one day Live Zoom training; Followed by two further independent modules with assignments
Once all 11 modules are completed, each participant will be invited to a 1 hour 1:1 session via Zoom.
This course will cover:
- Background theory and underpinning research
- Laterality and Auditory Laterality
- Pure tone listening audiometry as a diagnostic tool.
- Further diagnostic assessments
- Development of Johansen IAS and the Music used
- Planning and implementing individual programmes
Cathy Shilling MRCSLT, ASLTIP
Cathy is a Specialist Speech and Language Therapists with extensive experience of Auditory Stimulation programmes & working in educational settings.
New Provider Training Zoom Dates:
Note – the first 9 modules need to be completed before attending the online sessions
- Tuesday 4th January 2022
- Wednesday 6th April 2022
- Saturday 10th September 2022
- Saturday 12th November 2022
Total Cost – £395
(£375 if paid one month before the course date)
Johansen IAS is the only auditory stimulation programme which uses music recordings customised to the individual’s own hearing curve to organise and enhance auditory processing skills.
Children and adults with dyslexia, dyspraxia, ADHD, speech and language difficulties and autistic spectrum disorders may have inefficient auditory processing. The effectiveness of teaching and therapy can be greatly increased if these skills are improved.