Johansen Individualised Auditory Stimulation Provider Training Course
Independent Learning in your own time (equivalent to 2 attended days) to be completed prior to 2 taught days in Cheltenham, UK
Monday 11th & Tuesday 12th November 2019
The Isbourne Centre, Wolseley Terrace, Cheltenham GL50 1TH
£500 (including lunch and refreshments on the taught days)
Camilla Leslie MRCSLT and Cathy Shilling MRCSLT, ASLTIP
Camilla and Cathy are Specialist Speech and Language Therapists with extensive experience of Auditory Stimulation programmes & working in educational settings.
Johansen IAS is the only auditory stimulation programme which uses music recordings customised to the individual’s own hearing curve to organise and enhance auditory processing skills.
Children and adults with dyslexia, dyspraxia, ADHD, speech and language difficulties and autistic spectrum disorders may have inefficient auditory processing. The effectiveness of teaching and therapy can be greatly increased if these skills are improved.
This course will cover:
- Background theory and underpinning research
- Laterality and Auditory Laterality
- Pure tone listening audiometry as a diagnostic tool.
- Further diagnostic assessments
- Development of Johansen IAS and the Music used
- Planning and implementing individual programmes